Battlefield 2042 has, unfortunately, been riddled with bugs and server issues since its release into early access on Friday, November 12th. These issues have led to both players and critics criticising the state of the game in its current form. However, to give credit where credit’s due, the teams involved have been dropping fixes and assisting with player concerns at an impressive rate. A large number of problems have been fixed and published already, but there is still a myriad of problems continuing to disrupt the game. EA DICE has announced a list of changes that will be implemented with the following fixes.
Update 2 has gone live today, Thursday, November 25th, and includes a few extremely needed fixes for reviving glitches, the ridiculously overpowered LCAA Hovercraft, and more. You can find the full list below:
- Improved Soldier Revives, addressing ‘unable to revive when a Soldier dies close to an object, or wall.’
- A respawn protection system that will help to prevent any extraneous issues that can leave a player in a downed state for too long, and force a manual respawn when required.
- Re-enabling our UAV-1 Interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on our Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps. It was overpowered, and we’ve made adjustments to account for that.
- Vehicle Balancing for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird mentioned above.
- Dispersion has been reduced for all weapons except Shotguns, which results in more consistent bullet spread during gameplay.
A third massive update is set to arrive sometime in early December, bringing with it a multitude of changes to almost every aspect of the game. In fact, from the wording that EA has used, most of the problems have been located and fixed already (so will be tested now), which is an impressive feat. This will mark the biggest update since Battlefield 2042’s release, and according to EA Dice, the fixes and improvements currently listed on the Battlefield 2042 website are just a “snapshot” of what’s coming. The list is ridiculously large, so we haven’t provided it here, but it’s definitely worth going to have a look. We’ve listed a few of the changes below:
- Improved the collection screens making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with.
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed.
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start.
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability.
- Improved Mastery rank tracking.
- Improved reliability of Player card tracking.
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps.
- Improved extraction zone smoke visibility (Hazard Zone).
- A fix for missing loadouts, sometimes seen when first loading into a server and seeing blank boxes on the deploy screen.
- Tornado and smoke visual effect improvements.
The December update will also introduce weekly missions that award cosmetic unlocks and a ‘First Match’ bonus of 1,000 HZC for Hazard Zone. Portal mode will also be updated with Rush game mode layouts for each of the Battlefield 2042 All-Out Warfare maps, and templates for Vehicle Team Deathmatch, Team and Free for All Gun Master, and Infection.
The Battlefield 2042 Update 2 is live today, with Update 3 planned for early December. What fixes, changes, or additions are you most looking forward to? Let us know down below!
Source link : Trueachievements